Each of the entries will be judged according to criteria specific to each category as well as the following general criteria:
- Demonstrates a clear vision, strategy and set of objectives.
- Motivates and inspires others in the sector.
- Presents an inspirational role model through achievement and results.
Innovative and strategic approach
- Demonstrates innovative and strategic approaches through research, creative concepts, new technologies or new policy development.
- Demonstrates cutting edge technology, or innovative business model development
- Presents a cost-effective solution to an evident problem.
- Demonstrates a collaborative partnership approach to service delivery involving a number of councils and/or other parties.
- Demonstrates an improvement in organisational performance in terms of productivity, and/or the quality of services provided.
- Demonstrates positive and effective impact on the quality of service to customers and communities.
- Demonstrates positive and effective impact on New Zealanders' participation in, and satisfaction with, local government.
Local authorities across New Zealand are invited to submit applications for awards. There is no limit to the number of entries that a council can submit. When submitting your entry, please consider the following:
- The nature of the strategy, initiative, project or programme.
- Why it was important and what issues or opportunities it addressed.
- The range of parties involved.
- The nature of your council's involvement, ie. as a funder or project manager.
- Whether it has been successful and how the community is benefiting.
Please ensure your application is consistent with the following:
- Use the provided template when submitting your award applications / nominations.
- Award applications should be a maximum of ten pages per entry in PDF format and no more than 5MB in size. Any supporting images should be provided separately in high resolution.
- Award applications must be signed by the council's Chief Executive and Mayor or Chair.
- Registration of interest must be emailed to email@example.com by Friday 31 March 2017.
- Nominations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21 April 2017.
- Nominations will be judged in May and finalists announced in June.
- Winners will be announced at the Fulton Hogan conference dinner and EXCELLENCE Awards function on 24 July 2017 in Auckland.
The project may be completed or ongoing. However, the strategy, initiative, project or programme you wish to summit should be 'currently' ongoing or still be providing a benefit to the council/community.
EXCELLENCE Award sponsors