All abstracts submitted are subject to review by the Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) and will, after acceptance, be assigned as a poster presentation. The SPC reserves the right to contact authors, if required to clarify the nature of intended presentations prior to making decisions regarding their acceptance.
- Abstracts will not be accepted if they have been previously published as a full paper.
- Abstracts will not be accepted if they have been presented elsewhere more than one year before the meeting date.
- Abstracts are to be provided in English.
- If your abstract is accepted you will be required to produce a poster which follows the poster guidelines.
- If the authors have any commercial interests or associations that might pose a conflict of interest regarding this submission, these must be disclosed at the time of submission.
Format for abstracts
- The body of the abstract should be structured with Introduction, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Any abbreviations should be defined where first mentioned. Abstracts will be published as submitted without any modification. Abstracts that don’t follow these instructions will not be considered for publication.
- Abstracts should be a summary of the paper and must not exceed 300 words not including the title.
- Do not include titles or degrees.
- Check spelling and grammar.
- Present sufficient data to support conclusions – it is unsatisfactory to use statements such as “data will be presented” or “results will be discussed”.
- Failure to observe these requirements will exclude the abstract from consideration.
- All presenters must register to attend the MDSANZ Scientific Meeting and are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and registration expenses. A condition of acceptance is that at least one author presents at the MDSANZ Scientific Meeting.
Presentation at the MDSANZ Scientific Meeting
- Poster presentations are required to be submitted prior to commencement of the MDSANZ Scientific Meeting. Further detailed instructions will be sent to authors of accepted abstracts.
- The SPC may select successful abstracts submissions for an additional platform guided poster presentation.
- Abstracts can only be submitted online via submission portal. Complete the online submission form and you will receive an automatic acknowledgement of the receipt of your abstract.
Notification of acceptance
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the SPC. Review criteria include relevance to the Scientific Meeting theme, originality of ideas, significance of results, accuracy and quality of presentation. Notifications of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author only by 6 March 2024.